Monday, July 16, 2007

They are gone....back in Utah

My mom and Brittany drove back to Utah yesterday. What a long drive, 12 hours! They made it though, and will be back on the 8th of August. Brittany will have a good time, i just hope she makes it that long without getting home sick. Last year she only went for 2 weeks. She will have lots of fun things to do, like riding the quad, horses, helping take care of the garden, playing with her friends out there and she might even get to go to the Grand Canyon. I would love to go to the Grand Canyon!

It was nice having my mom here, there is just something comforting about moms. While she was here she made me pasties (an English recipe that is basically meat and potatoe pie). No amount of chemo could curb my appetite when it comes to pasties. She also made a meatloaf and put it in the freezer, hoping to help out Joe. He has had to do most of the cooking lately, because I am either not feeling good or with the commute getting home too late to cook. He was very thankful for the meatloaf, being a new cook it is not something he has learned how to do yet, and he loves meatloaf.

My mom being here was the only good thing about this weekend. That shot (Neulasta) made me achier than ever. Saturday I could hardly move and Sunday was not much better. It really affected my legs this time. I wasn't too bad as long as I didn't stand or walk. So that made for a fun weekend of sitting and laying. It's summertime and I want so badly to be my normal self, camping, shopping, going to the beach. These days I'm either too sore, tired, sick, or if I am feeling OK I have to be careful about being in the sun. One icky summer for a lifetime of wellness and happiness, it is all worth it in the end.

No comments: