Sunday, July 22, 2007

San Francisco

Yesterday we took a much needed trip to San Francisco. It was really really nice, we had a lot of fun. I woke up this morning a little sore. I guess I over did it a tad, but it was worth it.

We started out early in the morning at Baker Beach. I think it is one of the best beach areas in all of San Francisco. There is amazing views of the Golden Gate Bridge and the waves come in nice and strong. A word of advice for anyone who has never been there and is thinking of visiting, the north end of the beach (closer to the Golden Gate Bridge) is clothing optional. From the south end of the beach you can't see anything, so still a great place to take the kids. They had so much fun playing in the ocean.

Then we parked near the Golden Gate Bridge and walked a little ways across it. These days I don't nearly have the strength to walk the whole bridge, not even in one direction. We still walked across far enough to get the feel of the experience. Truly amazing getting out there and seeing the views of Alcatraz, the Bay Bridge, and the city.

Then we went down to the wharf and had lunch and took a bay cruise. The cruise took us out and under the Golden Gate Bridge and all the way around Alcatraz. Going underneath the Golden Gate Bridge was just breathtaking. There are not words that can describe how massive and impressive this Bridge really is. I haven't ever done the Alcatraz Tour and this cruise gave you just enough of the history on Alcatraz to make you want more.

The kids wanted to go back to the beach for a little bit before we left, but I just wasn't up to it. I felt bad yesterday, but today I am glad we came home when we did. I forgot in the morning to put sunscreen on (i think because it was overcast and very cool) only for about an hour. That was enough for a sunburn though. After the first hour i remembered, and thank goodness put on SPF50. Every time we go to San Francisco we try to do something new and i think our next trip we are going to do the Alcatraz Tour. Out of the hundreds of trips we are not even beginning to run out of things to do, now that is a city with lots to do!

Here are some pics of the trip.



My Public Shoebox

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Brandi...it's Pam...so it looks like you had a nice day in the bay. It's always a good place to get away and lots to do with the kids. It was sure nice seeing you last Friday, you look really good ;). Well I hope this will be a good week for you. take care and hopefully I'll talk to you soon.

Pam B. said...

Hi Brandi....just stoppin by to show some love and to let you know I'm thinking of you! I hope your last treatment didn't leave you feeling too sick. So are you half way done yet? well hang in there, hopefully talk to you soon. take care...love ya Pam