Friday, July 13, 2007

My mom is here

My mom came from Utah to stay with me for a few days and she is going to take my oldest daughter to visit with her in Utah for a month.

She was able to go with me to my chemo appointment. It was nice for her as mom to be able to see the actual treatment doesn't hurt. It was nice for me to have her to visit with. The 4 hour treatment didn't seem nearly so long.

She will leave on Sunday and take Brittany with her, and then they will be back in the beginning of August. She will be here in time for another chemo treatment and be able to stay for a few days. Hopefully my niece from Oregon will be down for a visit at that time.

Well i haven't felt too bad, but I have to give myself that shot tonight. Not looking forward to that. The shot itself i hate, but it has made me so sick for the first couple of days, unbearably achy and miserable. Oh well i guess it comes with the territory of getting better.

I guess it is nap time. I'm hoping to get in a pedicure later, so i should rest for a while.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so glad you have your mom with you! take care of yourself. We'll be thinking about you and pray you don't get too sick this time. ((((hugs))))

Anonymous said...

sorry "anonymous" is Pam, lol I'm not too sure to do this comment thing I guess!

Unknown said...

Hi Brandi,

I was told I have to give myself the shot too. I can't do it. I am so affraid of needles its crazy. I have to go into Kaiser on a daily basis and have them do it. The nurse tried showing me how to do it but I can't get past my fear of needles. I'm a big baby. If you can give yourself the shot than you can do the port. My chest was a little tender for two days after and now it is so much better.

Talk to you soon,

Jane