Friday, December 14, 2007

Oops....Guess i have been MIA

It's amazing that as soon as the chemo stops, i haven't. I have been so super busy. I have gone back to work, 20 hours a week. Starting slow for now and then after New Years i am going back 30 hours. Even though i am only working 20 hours with my commute it is 32. I feel like i haven't stopped going in the last week and a half between work and getting ready for Christmas. I am glad to be getting back to some normalcy, but i am still so tired and missing those naps i used to get. Everyday is getting better, a little more energy, a little more hair, and little more "me". My sense of humor is returning and i just all around feel better.

I still have so much to do to get ready for Christmas. Last weekend we did get the tree decorated and lights hung on the house. I need to take a picture so i can post it. Maybe tomorrow or Sunday i will get some pictures up. My Christmas tree doesn't have any presents under it, because i have not had the time or energy to start that yet. I really honestly haven't put a dent in my Christmas shopping yet. I feel bad, i have people that i need to get stuff in the mail to, so they get it before Christmas, but i am not sure that will happen. Their stuff may be a day or two late.

Joe and I went to my company Christmas Party this week and it was really nice. It was at Arden Hills Country Club in Sacramento. For those of you who haven't ever been there it is absolutely beautiful. It was alot of fun. We had an after party at the Midway in Ceres with some old friends.....Pam and Todd. I had a couple of drinks and it felt great to get out and enjoy myself again. I made sure to charge the battery in my camera so that i would actually get pictures (unlike Thanksgiving), and then i forgot my camera on the counter at home with my jewelry i planned on wearing that night. ChemoBrain.

I really need to do some more shopping and wrapping this weekend. I think i will put the kids to work helping me. In the past i haven't really let them do much wrapping or decorating because i was a bit of a perfectionist, but i have come to realize that their style is cute, their effort is priceless, and life is too short for perfect.

Tomorrow night is Sabrina's 30th Birthday Party and i am looking forward to getting together with that clan. It has been a long time since we have all hung out. I think i should go put my camera in my purse now, so i actually get pictures of this. LOL

No comments: