Monday, October 15, 2007

Pet Scan Scheduled

Ok so yes i was missing in action a little longer than i thought i would be. Comcast and I had a little dispute and they sorta won for about a week. Anyways so much has happened.

First i have a Pet Scan scheduled for this Thursday October 18th. So i need every ones prayers and positive thoughts on Thursday. I get the results on Tuesday October 23rd. I am preparing myself for only good news, i feel really confident and good that this chapter is coming to an end.

The next thing is i finally got a wig. I had to order online and the color is much darker than i thought it would be. It is really cute and i am hoping to get some pictures uploaded tomorrow. I have been putting on some really dark eyebrows to match and people who don't know me have been wanting to know where i get my hair done. That is a question i wasn't prepared for the first time. My response now is: I do it myself, I'm not one for lies and the shock on peoples faces when you tell them it's a wig is unbearable. People who do know me have passed right by me not realizing it is me. I'm going to order another online and hopefully the next one is a tad lighter. I haven't shaved my head yet, i am worried that the wig will irritate my bald head so i am also ordering some caps to wear under the wig. I only have about 10 hairs left so i know it is time to let go. We have all had a good time, naming the wig "my buddy". That way when we are in public we can talk about it without everyone knowing what we are talking about. If it is crooked, then my buddy is all out of whack. If one of my ten hairs are trying to escape, then my buddy has a straggler. I can ask how does my buddy look today. It has been pretty funny.

Halloween is coming and I feel really bad but i have not been in the mood. No decorations at my house and i know i need to get costumes but i have had no spirit. I need to snap out of it before the costumes are totally picked over. Maybe by this weekend i will find some Halloween spirit somewhere.

Well i guess that is all i have for now. I will try and post a pic or two tomorrow.

6 comments:

Pam B. said...

I can't wait to see the pics. Saying a prayer for your pet scan to be good news too! take care!! will you be at seminar?? hope to see you there...take care ((((hugs))))

Anonymous said...

HI...Thank you for sharing your experience with the rest of us, allowing those like me to learn and grow from it. I was just diagnosed with stage 1 breast cancer a few weeks back and found out today that I will need chemo, as well as radiation, etc. Your way of experiencing and living your treatment is inspiring and gives me a lot of hope...and you know how important hope is when you are in the throws of it. I send you many good wishes for your pet scan on Thursday, and for the full recovery that is surely awaiting you! All the best and, again, thank you. Luisa

Unknown said...

Hey
Have you checked out the place in Modesto? They have real human hair and its really reasonably priced. I got mine for under $100. They range from $20 to about $100. Real and fake hair. They let you try them on right there. Let me know if you want the address and I will find it for you. Hope your doing well.
Take care,
Jane

Anonymous said...

You are already in my prayers, but I will be happy to say an extra one for the pet scan :-) I can't wait to see the unveiling of your "buddy"! I look forward to pics.
Love,
Danielle

Pam B. said...

My positive thoughts and my prayers are with you today! love ya!! (((((hugs)))))

Unknown said...

Ahh so you're going through what I went through when I dyed my hair black? I can totally relate to coloring in your eyebrows dark... even though I had mine, they had to be darker than my natural color or I looked like a spaz. I swear several residents didn't even recognize me when I first did it. Ten hairs? Brandi! Bic yo head woman! You know Joe will do a good job... he's experienced! :) Well as far as the pet scan goes I know it is going to be clear & I'm excited for you to get the good news! I will be calling! And I bet once you get your good news the stress of wondering will pass and your Halloween spirit will emerge. After all it will be a time to celebrate! :) Anywho, I hope you've been having a good weekend & I'll call ya next week! Luv ya hun!
~ Katherine
P.S. Good luck on your football picks! Mmm starbucks coffee. :)