Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!!!!

It's Halloween and I wish I felt better. I did go get the kids their Halloween costumes 2 weeks ago. Then on Sunday, we carved pumpkins. They turned out really good. I didn't do any other decorating other than the pumpkins this year. We are going trick or treating tonight, I'm not sure how long i will be able to go, but I will try for at least a little while. I will get some pictures of the kids in their costumes and try and post them in the next couple of days. Hopefully i will be feeling better by then.

In my last blog i wrote about the infusion hurting, which has never happened before. On Saturday i woke up and my right arm(the one they put the chemo in) from about 2 inches above my wrist to an inch above my elbow is purple and red and swollen. My arm was aching really bad. I dealt with the pain on saturday and sunday and by Monday i just couldn't take it anymore. So i called the Dr. and they decided it would be best to see me. The Dr. isn't sure if i have phlebitis or if chemo leaked out of my vein and into the tissue during infusion. She put me on antibiotics in case chemo leaked out of my vein, because that could cause an infection. She also put me on a steroid cream to reduce the swelling in the skin and tissue near the the surface of the skin. If i am not feeling better by tomorrow i will probably go back in. I can't do anything with this arm. I can't even brush my "buddy", and i am not one to walk around with bed head. It has taken me over an hour to type this having to rest after every couple of sentences. My arm seriously feels like it is going to fall off. I can't wait to feel better.

I will keep everyone up to date if i end up going back to the Dr. Happy Haunting!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry to hear about your arm. I hope you feel better soon. Did you end up having a nice Halloween?

Jon said...

just found your blog from mary jane's blog. I hope things get better for you and your treatments go quick :)

I am over at adventuresinabvd and I am on treatment 7 of 12.

Take care

Jon