Friday, November 2, 2007

Update on my arm

Just thought i would give everyone a quick update. The purpleness of my arm is getting better and the pain is getting worse. The Dr. has decided that it is definitely phlebitis. It originally was about an inch or two of the vein in my right arm near the elbow. It has now moved about two inches further up my arm. So now the vein is swollen about 4 inches and my whole arm is swollen. Initially it was just my elbow hurting and now the pain has traveled up to my shoulder and back. I went in again today to have the nurse look at it and just document the visible changes to my arm. They also put a pain patch on me. I guess it slowly releases the pain medicine for 3 days and then they told me to take darvacet for the break through pain as needed. They gave me a 30 day supply of the patches. Apparently the Dr. is afraid this may last longer than i was hoping. They say i may still be able to drive, work, and function on this patch. Hopefully that is the case. I am hoping this patch will make it possible for me to have a bit of normalness again. So i should no my Monday how this all works out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry to hear the pain is worse. Did they say if the phlebitis was caused by getting the chemo? Is there anything else they can do besides the pain medicine? If there is anything I can do to help, let me know. We live in the same city, I'm just a hop, skip and jump away.
Take care,
Jane

Pam B. said...

Oh that sucks! I'm so sorry to hear you're in pain from this! This is so not fair on top of everything else! Prayers for your arm to get better real soon! take care ((((hugs))))
love ya Pam