Friday, August 24, 2007

Our new addition


Her name is Zoe. She is a 72 pound Rottwieler and German Shepard Mix. She is so sweet, loving, gentle and well behaved. We adopted her form Pet n' Pals. The whole family has really been wanting a dog for a long time. Now that I am only working part time and some of that i am doing from home, i finally felt like we have the time needed to devote to a new addition to the family. The kids are back in school and with Joe at work i find myself lonely during the days. Zoe has quickly changed that. She will either come over and beg for a game of fetch, or just give me a good old face lick when she can tell I'm under the weather.


Anyways, I had chemo yesterday again. The chemo treatment before really kicked my butt. I usually am only down and out for 3 or 4 days and by day 7 after my chemo I'm what i call back to normal.=) This last one i never really seemed to bounce back. I was getting chemo yesterday and still feeling like i should be in bed. I always try to put on my happy face for chemo day. It just seems to help me and the nurses. Yesterday was quite the struggle. I think everyone could tell because they just kept telling me it is ok if I'm not feeling well and that i looked pale. So i woke up this morning as nauseated as ever. Thank goodness for Zofran and Ativan. They gave me some new pain meds( vicodin was making me really sick), the new one is dilaudid, I haven't ever tried this one, so hope i do ok. Actually i hope it works. Neulasta tonight....ugh....Oh how i hate to give myself shots. UPS just knocked on the door and dropped it off to me...Yeah!


Well all the kids have plans this weekend. They are all taking off tonight and will be back Sunday afternoon and early evening. So I will be enjoying a quiet, sick weekend.


One last bit of news. I want to thank Kristina and all the staff at Cort Furniture for the beautiful basket of smell good pretties. I have always really enjoyed this kind of stuff, but now more than ever. Somehow it just helps to make you feel pretty and girly when you are feeling so horrible. So thanks again.

P.S. Thank you Sabrina for going to chemo with me yesterday and keeping me company. It truly does make the time go by faster. Dad i think it is your turn next.=)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Isn't it nice to get a little surprise once in a while. It really brightens your day!!! The new pup is beautiful. Hope your doing okay after this last chemo treatment.
Take care,
Jane