Monday, August 27, 2007

Chemo Funk

With every treatment i seem to get a little worse. My mood, my health, my attitude, my outlook, everything is getting ugly. I try to stay positive mostly for my kids. I shower and dress and put on makeup everyday no matter how bad i feel so that they won't know. The pain medication (dilaudid) definitely helps with the pain. I just seem to be grouchy and nothing to be grouchy about. I feel sick all the time, even when i should be feeling better and be bouncing back. I think i have entered a chemo funk. I need to figure out something to pull me out of this. The little things in life that have always made me so happy are not doing the job anymore. I used to be able to watch a funny movie or have my kids say something so cute and innocent to pull me out of a bad mood. Just a little laugh was all it took. These things still make me laugh, they just don't help to make me feel better. I am feeling so unappreciative. I know i have so much to be grateful for. I have a great family and awesome friends. I am getting treatment at one of the best hospitals in California and have truly fantastic nurses. Five more treatments to go, then happy go lucky Brandi will be back. I know what i need is a good party to make me feel better. I think we will plan the biggest New Years Eve party ever. I should be feeling better by then and the funkiness will be gone.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY NOW, if you are having a huge party, you know I should be there with you! I may not work for the same company, but you are my girl! XoXo
Morgan

Anonymous said...

Jason is one of my myspace friends...I pass on his words of wisdom and inspiraton almost every day in a myspace bulletin....I plan to buy his book....I think you should too :) sorry things are bad for you right now....soon it will be over and we will all have our Brandi back...personally I can't wait!!! (((hugs)))
Pam






Subject: Passing on Jason's thought for the day.....
Body: Jason inspires me every day! Enjoy......

From: jason

Date: Aug 27, 2007
Subject: More Healthy Thoughts...
Body: When your mind is consumed by "stuff," problems, worries, pain and hurt, or just on Low-energy thinking patterns...Opportunities are Lost...

All those moments that you did not live in High Gratitude for your breath and what You can Choose to do with a Present Moment...it is called the Present because it simply is a Gift...

Focus on the Positive word NOW...

You deserve it...

You are truly the greatest Miracle that ever was, is, or will be...Now Live Whole Like You Know it...

Live Big.

Love, Jason

Anonymous said...

Passing on Jason's thought for the day.....
Body: Jason inspires me every day! Enjoy......

From: jason

Date: Aug 27, 2007
Subject: More Healthy Thoughts...
Body: When your mind is consumed by "stuff," problems, worries, pain and hurt, or just on Low-energy thinking patterns...Opportunities are Lost...

All those moments that you did not live in High Gratitude for your breath and what You can Choose to do with a Present Moment...it is called the Present because it simply is a Gift...

Focus on the Positive word NOW...

You deserve it...

You are truly the greatest Miracle that ever was, is, or will be...Now Live Whole Like You Know it...

Live Big.

Love, Jason

Anonymous said...

sorry for the double comment, lol I don't think I will ever quite get this!!
love Pam

Pam B. said...

just dropped by to send some love. so how's the "funk"? getting any better? Hope you're feeling better real soon. take care....love ya