Thursday, September 20, 2007

Sick....Uggghhh!!!

This time it's not chemo sick. Joe had a head cold last week and we took every precautionary measure. We sprayed Lysol all over the whole house. I even spent more time at work so i would not be around and when i was home we locked him up in the room. I still got his head cold. Head colds are never pleasant, but try getting one when you have no immune system. I have ran a low grade fever with this, and it is just lingering. He had it 2 days and I am on day 4. The doc put me on antibiotics to be on the safe side. They have had me taking my temperature every couple of hours, as long as it stays below 100.5 then i can fight this at home instead of the hospital. This morning my temperature was finally normal, so i am hoping it stays that way. Needless to say no chemo for me today. That is the one good thing that has come out of this head cold. They delayed me one week on this treatment.

The doctor is also ordering for another PET Scan. I am excited because i really feel like the Hodge is gone. Still a little nervous though. They are supposed to be calling me with the date so i will keep everyone posted as soon as i get the info.

As soon as i am feeling better ( I have been put on bed rest until the cold is all gone) I will be going wig shopping. I feel like i have held onto my hair as long as possible and it is time to let go. I have gotten so thin when i look in the mirror, i am not sure who is looking back at me. I have just decided if I'm going to do the cancer thing ( like i had any choice in that matter) i should get the full experience and do the bald thing. I only have 2 cycles left so that won't leave me bald for long. After all it's just hair and it will grow back.

Despite feeling horrible from this cold, my spirits are up and i have been in a good mood. I have gotten some extra rest with this cold, seems like i have slept for the last 3 days. That's all i have for now. I will let you know when the next scan is as soon as i know.

5 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I'm super glad you're feeling better Miss Brandi! My ONLY sad thought is unfortunately terribly selfish... I'm not gonna see you on my last day next week cause you're gonna have chemo! BOO! I'm really gonna miss you! I have to say you have been the best boss I could have ever asked for and I will always remember our short time together! Keep up your strength but watch your stubborn need to perservere... it will run you down! Take care of your self and I promise I will stop by and visit during the holidays. I wish I could see your first day back full time but my life was a-callin'! I love you hun and I know you're gonna bounce back quickly! See you at work next week! I look forward to your bald head! :p
~ Katherine

Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. So you're gonna do it...gonna shave your head. I know what you mean. My hair is so thin, I don't recognize the person in the mirror. I wish I had the courage to just shave it off. Good for you. You're right, it's only hair and it will grow back. Thanks for the website address, I appreciate it.
Gonna run, but I will chat later,
Take care,
Jane

Pam B. said...

I hear ya on the hair thing, but still it's so hard! I will say it's really fun watching it grow back though! It just fortifies to you with every inch that your body is healing and getting better. It's the start to getting back to your normal self. I will be holding my breath until you get those pet scan results....I know it will be all good though! I think bald will be sexy on you....you should post pics girl...go with it!! well you know I love ya....be thinkin of ya...take care! ((((hugs))))

Danielle said...

Hi Brandi!!

WOW!! I just found your blog and read about your journey (thanks to my sister). I'm very proud of you and knew you had the strength AND stubborness to beat this!!! I look forward to talking to you soon! Keep up the positive attitude and know that I am praying for you!

Love,
~Danielle